It’s Mothers Day this Sunday, and are you still struggling to find somewhere nice to take her?
Fear not! Here are our Top Ten places to treat your Mam this weekend –
1) Cardiff Castle – Why not indulge your mother in some Cardiff history this Mothers Day? With it being free to enter for Cardiff residents, Cardiff Castle presents the perfect opportunity to do just that. With its wartime shelters, Norman keep, and roman wall, Cardiff Castle has everything you need to know about Cardiff’s rich history.
2) Pettigrew Tea Rooms – Located in Bute Park behind Cardiff Castle, the tea room provides the perfect opportunity to treat your mum to a cup of tea and a cake either before or after your venture round the castle. With its selection of loose leaf teas and homemade cakes, mam will be mightily impressed with your choice of cafe.
3) Doctor Who Experience – Not every mam will be conventional and want afternoon tea, so if she likes her sci-fi why not take her to the Doctor Who Experience in Butetown? After its recent refurbishment, mum will be able to enjoy a walking tour of all the filming locations or, if you’re feeling extra special, a visit to the set of the Tardis.
4) Aquabus – You’ve finished your tea in Bute park and now want to go to Cardiff Bay, but don’t fancy the walk. Time to hop on the Aquabus for just £3 and treat your mam to a trip on the water. It leaves from right inside Bute park and there is nothing better than being on the water on a glorious sunny Cardiff day.
5) Sunday Jazz – The day is winding down but you think mum deserves one last surprise, how about a night of Jazz at Chapter Arts? Free to enter, mum will be treated to an evening with the Glen Manby Quartet in the Caffi Bar.
6) Steak of the Art – Treat your mam to an art-inspired dining experience that tastes almost as good as the food itself. Take a seat in a hot air balloon, a rugby post or a suspended luminous booth and drink in the creative energy, or one of their signature cocktails. The steaks have never been higher.
7) The Potting Shed – If you want to travel a little further afield, The Potting Shed is a little treasure hidden away in Pontyclun. Outside it sells little household items, gifts and quaint garden furniture. Inside is a vintage tearoom which boasts locally produced and made cakes, seasonal lunches and tea and coffee.
8) Wales Millennium Centre – Waltz down to the Millennium Centre with your mam this Sunday as Strictly Come Dancing’s Brendan Cole gives Cardiff a night to remember. Costing just £22.50, one of Strictly’s most charismatic choreographers and performers will host a night of theatrical entertainment, ballroom magic and Latin excitement.
9) St David’s Hotel and Spa – Make sure your mam looks and feels top-to-toe beautiful this Mother’s Day with luxury, five-star treatments at the Marine Spa in the St David’s Hotel. Their Spring Tea and Treats spa offer means you can treat your mother to a 55-minute treatment. Choose from a full body massage, hand and foot exfoliation or aromatherapy facial, followed by afternoon tea overlooking the Bay, all for £62.
10) St Fagans – This Saturday St Fagans National History Museum are hosting a free craft workshop to make beautiful and thoughtful cards to give to your mam on Sunday. The workshops run from 11-1pm and 2-4pm.